Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Brown Tsunami

For the past week and a half or so I've been rocking panties and pull-ups at both school and home with no incidents. Things have been going so well in fact, that I even go to bed at night sans diaper. Well, this morning Daddy got a rather rude awakening when he came into my room at 7am to turn off my Dora the Explorer alarm clock (that is turned up full blast). I was just waking up and hadn't fully absorbed the gravity of the situation, but dude nearly got whiplash from the odiferous funkiness that was holding my room hostage.

His worst fears were realized when he pulled back my covers and saw that a brown tsunami had stormed through. Oh the devastation! I could see that his mind was reeling about how he was going to deal with this... Where to start? How to peel off my contaminated pajamas without getting brown everywhere. And to add insult to injury, the poor guy was flying solo as Mommy was already out of the house for an all day meeting.

After a long and nauseating hose down in the bath with lots of positive reinforcement and love from Daddy, we got through our morning rituals with no additional setbacks and had a nice long hug goodbye at school.

Sometimes Daddy has a really short temper and is hard on me, but it's times like today that prove how much he's there for me. If you can, have him in your thoughts today as his morning was a bit on the rocky side. Oh, and don't look too closely at what's underneath his fingernails.

2 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This may be one of my favorite posts of all time; sorry Daddy!

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi that was very funny. blogs like that keep me coming back for more

 

Post a Comment

<< Home